1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2003 ford f350 no low beam passenger side

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by buddymanzpop, Nov 14, 2009.

1. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

A friend has a 03 f350 v10 that he just wired with a fisher four port 26400 iso module, 3 plug MM2 set up, here is the problem, no low beam on passenger side, driver's side is on, he switches the #3 and #4 plugs at the isolation module and the driver's side low beam is out, passenger side is on, I gave him a spare 26400 iso box I had to see if his box was bad but nothing changed. These are all vehicle lights i'm talking about, not plow lights as he has not yet mounted the push plates. The wiring was a used set up from a 2000 or 2001 ford f-series, we checked the fisher Ematch and the headlight harnessess are correct pn26354 and pn26349, also both high beams work as they should.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Go after the configuration plug. ;)

3. buddymanzpop

which wires need to be switched blue and orange on d side or p side? Thanks

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Not there...check the configuration plug itself first for a loose or backed out connector. Sometimes corrosion gets them too.

5. buddymanzpop

Okay, I've heard of these but never dealt with them, where is the configuration plug located? We can't seem to find it on any schematics.

6. buddymanzpop

B&B, I found the schematic on page 32 of the guide, there are three wires, blue, blue/red and blue/white,

Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
  7. buddymanzpop

Alright, this one is solved, what we did was swap the location of the blue and yellow wires at each headlight plug at the isolation module, blue (ground) was in the top row of each plug and yellow (low beam) was in the bottom row, according to Fisher's Ematch we had the correct part number's on each headlight harness, but seeing it was used equipment some previous user made have made the change to accomodate their headlights, I'm not sure why this would be done, does anyone know why? Maybe something to do with power/ ground changes 2003 and up models or HB1/HB5? Just curious to know.

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

They were configured for HB1's. Sounds like they were on a Dodge.

9. buddymanzpop

Okay this mystery continues, after we switched the wires while driving at dusk my friend calls and says his high beam indicator is on at all times, low beams and high beams work as they should though, so we compared what we switched at the iso box plugs to that of a 1999 dodge ram 3500 to check out the yellow and blue configurations and found we converted the 2003 Ford to be the same as the 1999 Dodge, he will reverse that back this morning, the configuration plug looks good, he'll take that apart to check internally also, but I noticed the wires going to the configuration plug were not the colors described in the schematic on page 32 of the Mechanics Guide, blue, blue/red and blue/white, his wires were red, brown and maybe brown with a stripe ( it was dark we'll get a better look at color today) why are these colored differently?

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Must be one of the older harness's to have the red and browns at the config plug. Probably was new back when it was installed on the original truck.