1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2003 ford f250

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by UniqueTouch, Feb 28, 2015.

1. UniqueTouch

UniqueTouch Senior Member

On my driver side front end there is something going on that I need help diagnosing any help would be great. When I hit a bump or pot hole you feel it under your feet when driving, like bumo bump , dont know how to explain it sorry bout lack of info.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Time for a new stabilizer bar.

3. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

or sway bar links.

4. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

X2 on this one.

5. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

x3...........

6. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

X4......Maybe even some new Ball joints and Shocks and so on and so forth...:drinkup:

7. PremierSnowPlow

PremierSnowPlow Senior Member

end links like everyone else said. I had the same problem a month or so ago

8. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

Rattle Rattle thunder cladel boom boom dont worry call you plowsite guys x5 end links

9. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Just turn up the radio,and the noises go away...:mechanic:

10. porabjr

porabjr Member

Like what doesn't make noise on these super duty front ends. x6 on the links. Those you can feel right under the floor boards. easier in the winter,i tell myself all the noise i hear is the plow banging around up front, not the front end...

11. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

X7 replaced those on my friends truck in the fall much better now.He did both links and bushings.When was the last time you jacked the truck up and checked the front end?

12. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Mine has a clunk under the drivers floor board. It does it when going over a speed bump or when backing into my driveway and especially when the wheels are turned. Going down the road and it's fine. Dealer couldn't find it.... I'll check the stabilizer links.

13. 04trd

04trd Senior Member

It's a normal ford clunk! They all do it everything in a ford clunks.

14. Freshwater

Freshwater Senior Member

Sway bar bushings, I have to replace them every 6 mos in my 01.

15. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

i've been having the same symptoms on my 1996 F350 for the past month or so. i was going to look into it this spring.

i replaced my badly worn shackle bushings a couple of years ago with energy suspension poly bushings and they have held up great.

i'll look for the energy suspension bushings for my sway bar, end links, and track bar while i'm at it. for under $50 and a few hours on a saturday, it's a no brainer.