1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2003 ford f250 gas 5.4L question

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by UniqueTouch, Jan 26, 2016.

1. UniqueTouch

UniqueTouch Senior Member

one of my trucks is a 2003 ford f250 as title says. I was pushing snow and a couple times the truck just turned off. id restart no problem couple hours later it would happen again. then id restart , no problem any ideas what this could be? also i had my tranny done last year , i dont know if this is from using 4x4 which im guessing it is. I now hear a little grinding noise if thats the right word sounds like its coming from one of the driver side wheels? 4x4 was still working. Thanks guys appreciate any help.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

There's a junction box on the drivers side inner fender. More like a little box with wires. Remove the cover and inspect, wiggle the wires and see if that's your issue

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Good post,cousin had same problem with his,they replaced everything and the truck would hit a snow pile and same thing, Just by chance the guy opened it up, Wire was rotted and hard hit would break contract and then fall back together again.

4. UniqueTouch

grandview and diesel thank you so much guys i cant thank you enough, you guys are friggen genus's . how the hell do you guys know all this , i owe you guys dinner. thanks again gonna go take a look, il lbe back.

5. UniqueTouch

ok i think i seen it, does it have a positive and negative wire coming out of it saying high voltage?

6. dieselss

No. Just a little cover. Like a 8g. wire going in and a few smaller wires coming out.

7. UniqueTouch

ok thanks gonna look again

8. UniqueTouch

thank you guys you were right, $11 part from the dealer. thank you so much

9. dieselss

What did you get?

10. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

$11.00 worth of parts.:D

11. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

I've seen these corrode/ break before. Just repair the ends. There are no grounds there. That is the power feed to your fuse panel in the cab.

12. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

Op, Glad you got it taken care of, These Guys are great and many years of wisdom. My 07 F350 was doing something similar. It was not in electrical had everybody guessing and posting for help. We were advised to check throttle body, a little carb cleaner on a rag solved that.

13. UniqueTouch

actually guys replaced the part that was broken, def was once cause, stalled out twice again. have ya guys heard of it ever being the crank shaft sensor?

14. Precedence

Precedence Senior Member

Another thing you might want to check is your power wire to the plow to make sure it isn't chaffed somewhere and shorting out. A random short could cause the trucks computer to stall out the truck.

Grinding could be a lot of things like wheel bearing or the u joint on the Axel on that side or a bad 4wd hub or a brake caliper hanging up