1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2003 f350 super duty 6.0 litre

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by trplowing, Nov 10, 2004.

1. trplowing

trplowing Junior Member
    from indiana

OK Ford people. I have a 2003 f350 super duty that was purchased march of 2003 with 180 miles on it. Since I purchased it, it has been in the shop 7 times and only has 50000 miles on it. This last time in the shop they replaced 5 injectors. This truck is a real piece of crap. I am in the process of filing a lawsuit against ford motor company, is there anyone else who would like to join me in the Indiana, Ohio, Michigan or Illinois area.

You can email me at kb9tim@aol.com.
    Thanks in advance
    Tim T & R plowing/transport llc

2. pbeering

pbeering Senior Member

This truck has 5K or 50K miles on it? If you have 50K miles, 7 service visits doesn't seem out of whack. does the 7 include the 2 CYA recalls and the re-flash visit? What are the problems? What is your build date? There were some troubles with the early builds, but Ford has been pretty good about getting them fixed up.

Where in Indiana are you?

3. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

Peter -

I'm just curious, I heard about the engine ground bolt recall, but either refresh my memory or enlighten me to the second recall.

Thanks,
    Rick

4. Cooters Dodge

Cooters Dodge Member

7 visits don't sound like much for 50K! :rolleyes:

5. pbeering

pbeering Senior Member

It pre-dated the ground. Some of the earlier 6.0's had a reported leak on the transmission cooler. They originally used spring clamps and they tended to leak. My dealer caught the problem before delivery and replaced them with hose clamps.

There have been a couple of service advisories, mostly for re-flashes. The most recent kills off the pilot injection to deal with the rough warm idle situation. Makes the truck a little louder, but it is well worth it, runs much stronger.