1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2003 f250 worth?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Jon Schuler, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Jon Schuler

Jon Schuler Member

Im looking to trade in my 03 diesel (7.3) crew cab short box lariet, so it has leather captains chairs and all the power stuff. Rubber is pretty good 285/75/r16s. Its in good shape even with 160k on it. It has no rust. i bought it from Florida last year. I plowed with it this year. Wife wants a new jeep commander and hates driving the crew cab. Well I think the dealership is going to bend me over if I trade it in. They said boy with the price of diesel...blah....blah...blah. I said what about it, its only 25 cents more than gasoline and it gets way better mileage. Anyway ,honestly what is it worth?
  2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Nada.com or KBB.com
    They have trade-in values listed.
  3. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

Im not sure what its worth, but id put it on autotrader, 02-03 7.3s are still bringing in decent money cause those were the last years of the 7.3s.
  4. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

5. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Oh come on Cre

It's worth a little more than that
  6. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Got any pictures? I would say 8-10k depending on condition... if it's red I would give you that right now kind of in the market!
  7. Jon Schuler

Jon Schuler Member

Wow! did you guys read it, lol or you must work at the dealership. Anyway dealer is saying 13-15k.
  8. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Trade in is kinda a fuzzy number

Trade in and what it is worth are really two different numbers

I have heard of guys buying 50k+ trucks for 10-16k off list

So if they work the numbers they can take 7k off list + give you 15k in trade

That would be the same as 7k trade in + 15k off list

Make sense
  9. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

yea but that is a big break when it comes to taxes....i was gonna sell my truck for 18k but ended up trading it in for 17.5k which gave me back about 1700 in taxes so was like i got 19.2k for it. not to mention trade ins are always a nice bargaining chip. much easier to shuffle numbers just be careful to keep an eye on them cause they are smart and will pull fast ones on you
  10. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I looked at getting a new truck before winter and the best I could get was 12-13k for my 04' CC Diesel dually that is a Lariat and at the time 130k on it. There was no body damage to the truck, a few scratches, but that was about it and relatively new tires. Needless to say they were only giving me about 5k true trade in value because Ford had a 8k Diesel rebate at the time. I also still own the truck that I was looking to trade.
  11. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

the price on diesel trucks has gone down but for some reason used duallys seem to be almost worthless...they are so cheap now its crazy, the demand for them must really be down.
  12. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I think your right, but it wasn't stopping them from trying to get 35k out of a 03' Dually that was exactly like mine other than it was Blue and Tan instead of Black and Silver and had 30k less miles:confused: I guess 30k less miles makes it worth 30k more
  13. snowblowertruck

snowblowertruck Member

My wife and I bought a couple of "99 F250 about a year ago (back when prices were still high) and I paid $10,500 for mine and my wife paid $12,500 for her lariat.
  14. Niteman9

Niteman9 Senior Member

What you need to do is shop a couple of dealers for the new jeep. Tell them you don't have a trade. Then once you get the best price tell them you need to trade the truck and see what they will give you. If they give you 15k then I would jump on it.