1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2003 f250 plow prep?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by RhinoL&L, Oct 31, 2007.

1. RhinoL&L

RhinoL&L Senior Member

Hey guys, I am looking at buying a 2003 ford f250. How do you know if it has the snow plow prep? Also is there anyone who can run an oasis report for me? The vin is 1FTNX21L73EC94560 If any one can help me out with an oasis please let me know. Also is there anything in particular to look for that might give me trouble on this truck?
    Thanks
    Shawn

2. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

let me try and run one for ya gas or diesel ? i'll pm what i get back ok

3. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

I *THINK* that one way you can tell is if its diesel, it should have a second alt way down on the pass side under the engine. If its gas well then i am clueless.

4. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

If you call a dealer, and give them your vin # they can look it up, and tell you if you have plow prep or not.

5. Pat M

Pat M Member

Just because it has a second alternator doesn't mean it has snow plow prep. I have an 03 F250 FX4 with dual alternators and a heavy duty front suspension but it didn't mean I had a plow prep package even though the front end was designed for aftermarket bumpers and winches. I ended up putting a lift on my truck and was able to put a plow on my truck. You might want to check with your dealer but when I inquired at the dealer about my wife's Excursion to get some info on it they told me that they weren't able to give me info on the build of the truck.

6. mike psd

from pa

FYI i havn't got the oasis back yet i'm trying i think one of my spam filters blocked it . i'm trying a different email . i'll let you know

7. RhinoL&L

RhinoL&L Senior Member

Thanks for your help Mike!

8. mike psd

from pa

hey man check you PM box

9. Stud Bro

Stud Bro Senior Member

i run a 99 f 250 deisel with a Boss 8'2" V and the truck dosnt have the plow prep package and i have never had an issue.