1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2003 f250 gas mile marker locking hub problem

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by UniqueTouch, Jan 5, 2017.

1. UniqueTouch

UniqueTouch Senior Member

my driver side hub starter to make a grinding noise took it apart bc it had a little play as well clean it , lubbed it and put back together and it work but has a little play, are they're supposed to be two locking rings ? Any idea how to fix? Thx

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Define little play?
    2 locking rings? Huh

3. UniqueTouch

There was only one when I popped it off put another one in there and seems to be working

4. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

Take the one off your passenger side to compare it. If they look the same, swap them to see if the issues go over to the passenger side

dieselss likes this.
  5. Randall Ave

Randall Ave 2000 Club Member

Are these dash operated?

6. boutch

boutch Member

7. UniqueTouch

thank you brother, seems to be working, unfortunately didn't really get any snow which I was hoping two - three just to be able to test it out. I'm going to keep the extra set of locking hubs I bought yesterday to have on hand.