1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2003 F-450 V-10 Stalling Issues Help!

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by diesellandscape, Mar 16, 2011.

1. diesellandscape

diesellandscape Member

2003 F-450 SD
    V-10
    Manual
    2wd

Heres the issue:

Idle & Starting off the truck sputters & stalls. every now and then aroun 1500 rpm it will make one small spudder.
    No Check engine light for codes.

I just replaced the iac today, ran it up the street to lesco and back, seemed fine, but spudder & stalls when in low rpms but allot less.

Any ideas?

2. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like a fuel problem maybee pump,filter,injectors i had an issue with 2 of the coil paks and it was doing something simaler good luck

3. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like coils to me

4. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

It sounds like it has a miss. Have you done plugs yet? If not, you're due anyway. A bad coil is also possible, but I'd start with plugs, then hunt down the weak coil. Make sure you use OE plugs, the Ford mod motors are very sensitive to plugs, and the wrong kind can cause issues.

5. Pennings Garden

Pennings Garden Senior Member
    from VA

my 03 f250 with the 5.4 did that, they had to change/clean the idle contoller and it was fine.

6. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Might look at the coil on plugs. With the gold coolant it will leave a residual that looks like salt spray. I have read that some engines have leakage problems right above one to the plugs. Also some people have had problems with the connection on the coil on plugs. Repair manuals have check out procedures on emissions stuff. Most times that ends up being the problem.