1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2003 F-350 7.3L Crew DRW Questions

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Fun Plow, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Fun Plow

Fun Plow Junior Member

what's up...

I'm having a tough time searching some info and was wondering if you guys might be able to help out... I'm looking into picking up a rig for the state. I'm hoping for an '03 7.3L. I heard the '03 was the last year of the 7.3L and the first year for an upgraded trans. Not sure if the upgraded trans. came along half way through '03 or not. Anyone have any info on that or would know how to find out by using the VIN if this truck has the upgraded tranns.?

I saw some where else here someone mentioned you should make sure it has the snow prep package if not, I'll need to upgrade the clutch fan. Would the VIN define if the truck has this option or not?

Anyone know the GVW on this rig? Found it before... but can't now.

Any input would be greatly appreciated... all new to this.

2. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

The upgraded trans (5r110) did come in 03 but only behind the 6.0.. So this truck would have a 4r100. Sorry i can't help with anything else lol
  3. Fun Plow

Fun Plow Junior Member

Thanks for the response man... that sux. Makes a lot of sense actually, why would the new trans work with the diesel on the way out of production. I'll have to have some words with my old boss, cause he told me that originally!

Good thing is... guess that opens my search from '99-'03 then. Anybody know any good years out of that range with the 7.3L or were they all pretty much the same?