1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2003 F-250 4X4 w/ Hiniker 8' HDX C-Plow needs quick sale

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by fortydegnorth, Dec 7, 2005.

1. fortydegnorth

fortydegnorth Senior Member

I am ready to advertise my 2003 F-250 XL 4X4 with the 5.4 litre gas engine. I bought the truck new in 2003 and it now has 47,700 miles. Automatic, air, tilt, cruise, am/fm, cloth bench seat, new tires, snow plow prep package, tow package. This has been a great truck but I am buying a new F-450 so it needs to sell within the next two weeks. The plow is a 2003 Hiniker 8' C-plow. The C-plow is the HDX line with the poly moldboard and split trip edge. The plow hydraulically folds over itself to make a backdrag blade. This is by far the best plow I have ever used for tight areas, loading docks or driveways. The plow has a good cutting edge on the bottom and top and works perfectly. The truck has Timbren springs and also two leafs added to the rear. It performs like a single wheel F-350 with the extra springs. Perfect plow or landscaping truck. Plenty of power to push snow and pull a trailer. I will get some picturs soon. I am asking $17,900 with the plow and springs or $15,000 without the plow.

2. fortydegnorth

Here are some pics. The dump insert and v-box spreader are not included in the sale. Call for questions at 937-604-0272

hiniker snow plow 006 (2).jpg

hiniker snow plow 008 (2).jpg

hiniker snow plow 007 (2).jpg

hiniker snow plow 005 (2).jpg

3. fortydegnorth

Just plowed for 14 hours with the truck and it worked flawlessly as always. I only used one tank of gas and only engaged four wheel drive three times. We just had a five inch snow in six hours. I hate to sell this truck since it has never had any problems but the new one is way too expensive to keep both. If it doesn't sell sometime by the end of the year I will be forced to trade it in on the new one upon delivery and take a beating on price. If someone is interested make me an offer. New this truck stickered for $28,300

4. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

It's a clean truck! But a 5.4 XL Super Duty that has plowed commercially is not worth what you are asking! The Ford dealer here was selling demo plow trucks that were only used on the lot for one winter with plow and everything for around $21,000.

The one only had 8000 miles on it and it was an F-350

Just a thought

5. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

Not a bad price for this area, if I was closer I'd make an offer. Are you willing to travel?

6. LIBERTYLANDSCAP

LIBERTYLANDSCAP Member

Where In Ohio Are You? How Many Seasons Was It Plowed With? Purchased Early '03, Or Late? What Gear Ratio Does It Have?...andy

7. fortydegnorth

I am about 15 minutes east of Dayton. The truck was bought in March of '03 so it didn't see any plowing action until 2004. This is only the second winter with the plow and last year was a bust except for one big snow. It has the3.73:1 gear. I like the gear and engine combo for fuel mileage and it still has enough power. I had a snow-ex sp-1075 last year so it never had much weight in it with salt. I just switched to the v-box this year and it has only been used twice.

8. fortydegnorth

Apparently trucks are cheap in Minnesota. I just looked at a stripped down F-250 with a Hiniker v-plow and gas v-8 today that was left over from '05 and they were asking $29,500. The new F-450 with diesel will set me back a little over $42,000 without a plow or tax included. In '03 I paid $24,500 for the truck after rebates and that didn't include the plow, timbrens, extra leafs, or strobes. This truck is set-up and ready to go.

9. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

It may have just been a good deal after all it was after winter, the middle of summer actually and it was a close out price on the lot plow truck.

I should have bought it...

10. cincy snowdog

cincy snowdog Senior Member

Still Have Truck For Sale

11. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

12. fortydegnorth

Yes the truck is still for sale. Sorry for the delay I was in Florida this past week. Someone just looked at it but no money yet. Let me know I would like to have it sold by the end of this week if possible.

13. fortydegnorth

I won't seperate unless the truck sells first without the plow. Thanks, Jason.

14. fortydegnorth

The truck and plow are sold. If this thread can be deleted that would be great. Thanks, Jason.