1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2003 ez-v on 2010 gmc

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Deanautoworks, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Deanautoworks

Deanautoworks Junior Member

Help Please!! I have a 2003 fisher ez-v minute mount two with a four port module and handheld control. I had this plow on my 2003 chevrolet 2500hd and am transferring it to my 2010 gmc 2500hd. I went to my local dealer and he originally sold me a new lighting harness #29499 . I attempted to install this harness and was very confused. I went back to my dealer and he told me he had made a mistake and that I need to change over to a three port module and install a 28027-2 in-line adapter kit which I did. I installed the two new harness and the new module. Nothing works properly! Lights go out completely when plow is plugged in and vee-feature does not work. I can get the plow to go up and down ok and I can control each wing individually, but I cannot vee the plow and again none of the lights work. I am not looking for miracles through email, all I want to know is do have the correct parts to make this work. Maybe I have other wiring issues to deal with, but first I need to be assured that this is the right set-up. Two technical questions I need to know: Do I need to connect the daytime running light wire to on the truck harness? I don’t have dedicated daytime running lights as some older models did. Also, the two relays on the 28027 harness have unused #87 terminals with empty spade connectors installed. Does anything need to be connected to these or is this just to keep them from shorting out?? I hope these questions can be addressed asap. Thank You very much!! Dean

2. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Your entire setup from the 2003 would have gone right into that 2010, all you would have to do is install the 28027-2 relay adapter in between the #2 port on the iso-mod and the 11 pin light harness, (it is now between the A port and the 11 pin on the 3 port iso-mod), I think your dealer was not much help on this one. All that 28027-2 does is work with the fact that on the 2007 and a 1/2 and up GM"S the high and low beams are on at the same time, the H11 lights use the same plugs as the H3/H4. No you do not have to hook up the DRL's. The problem with the lights is the new harness you have can be plugged in two ways to deal with the 99-02 negative common electrical system and the pre 99 and 03 and up positive common electrical systems which means you can unplug the plug and flip it 180 degrees and plug it in that way, so you have some plugs flipped the wrong way and plugged in, these are the high and low beam connections behind the headlamps. The funny thing is you can't make this mistake with the four port 03 wiring because they plug in only one way. What is the part # on your control harness? The empty spades on the relays are OK.

3. Deanautoworks

Deanautoworks Junior Member

Thanks for the reply!! My headlamp harness connectors were both flipped. That fixed the lights. I had also replaced the control harness pigtail and mixed two wires color coded nearly identical in the harness. 7 wire harness with two wires blue with an orange trace!! I switched these two and now everything works great. I wish I posted this before i saw my local dealer and was sold unneccesary parts. I had a feeling the dealer was not quite sure! Oh well!! All works well now, all we need is some snow!!! Thanks again, Dean

4. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

newer harness

See the 04 to 11 posting, I gave a little more detail on the headlight wiring, he posted his before buying.