1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2003 Duramax Pro plow plus?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by speedydog5, Oct 14, 2009.

1. speedydog5

speedydog5 Junior Member
    from Chicago

I have a 2003 Ext cab duramax, i just scheduled a western 7.5 Pro Plow Plus according to western quick match site it shows i can only go with a pro plow with the duramax I know front end is heavy from motor but can i go with the pro plow plus any issues i,ll have or do i need to do any thing, I planned on going a couple cranks on torsion bars anything else???

2. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

The ProPlus is a pretty good choice, the 7.5' is not! Go at least 8.5', and add a little more ballast at the tailgate. IMO Western is way too conservative with their plow match thing, your truck can handle an 8.5 no problem. Timbrens are a must on a Chevy though.

3. KingDuramax

KingDuramax Senior Member

Its not westerns decision. legally it over weights the axle, so there for legally they cant put it on there. Liability issues. Will your truck handle it yes it will. You just have to install it yourself or find someone who will. Basicallly with the extended cab they figure with all 5 seats occupied and the plow on it will over weight the axle.

4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Yeah, it's gay but they say not to. Our trucks handle large plows just fine. My truck weighed 5,640 up front last year and will be more this year since the lift, wheels and tires. I think its rated at like 4,700.