1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2003 Dodge Ram problems

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Jagent, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Jagent

Jagent Junior Member
    from Arizona

I just brought a 2003 Ram home to test drive and get a feel for it , and the the first thing i noticed is that there is a knocking sound that comes from the rear whenever i go into 2nd gear. It sounds like its one of the gears grinding or just not meshing right.

My question is does anyone know how much it would cost to fix something like this? If more information is needed i'll try to give it.

Thanks

2. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

You need more investigation to find the cause of the problem before any advice can be given. The knock could be loose rear spring ubolts, loose shocks, something in the bed, loose spare tire, pinion nut loose, etc.
    Check around the truck to see if anything seems loose. All of the above are simple and cheap repairs, but depending on the actual problem..... if you can;t find the issue tell the dealer and have them find it. It's in their intrest to do so.