1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2003 Dodge Dakota 4x4 5.9L V8 Quad Cab

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Gibby515, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Gibby515

Gibby515 Junior Member

Hey all, I've lurked on this site for a few years, contemplating getting into the snow business, and think I'm finally going to to do it this year. So, I thought id actually get on and try and get involved a little here.

I'm holding off on getting a bigger rig until I know if I can actually make some money at this, so for now I'm going to stick with what I got and is already paid for. I plan on sticking with residential, and from what I have seen on this site and a few others, many have used the Dakotas to plow with and many have said they did just fine. And since most I have seen that have done it didn't have the 5.9, I'm assuming that since I do, if they can do it, so can I!

I have also gathered that many recommend the Sno-way for the smaller trucks due to their down force feature, so thats kind of what I'm eyeballing at the moment. What I'd like to ask of any of you in the know, is what modifications to my truck would you recommend, and which knew would be mandatory before putting a Sno-way 26 series on my truck?

I know beefing up the suspension, adding timbrens etc. is recommended, but does anyone have specific recommendation as to how much I should upgrade my suspension, and with what? Would a lift kit be a good or bad idea, and if it would help, is 2"-3" enough?

I do have the tow package, so transmission cooler is already there. Just mainly wanting some input on the suspension upgrades I should make. I realize this will be hard on the old girl, but want to make it as comfortable as possible for her! :)

2003 Doddge Dakota III.jpg

2003 Dodge Dakota II.jpg

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014