1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2003 chevy zr5 22 series plow. 6'8'' or 7'6"?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by nkayser, Sep 7, 2008.

1. nkayser

nkayser Junior Member

I know there has been some discussion of s10, ranger, toyota and other small trucks with snow way plows. But I have not seen anything specifically on the chevy zr5 (4 door 4x4 s10 with 4.3L vortec v 6 auto tranny)

I know my truck has the guts to plow as I have done some serious hauling with it and it took everything I could throw at it.

I want to outfit it with a plow for this winter. I have 30 acres in Alger MI (pretty much God's country) with a long drive way that I need to plow.

My question is should I go with the 6'8" plow or the 7'6" plow?

The drive is mostly dirt with some gravel with a few bends and turns. I figured I would get some advice from the masters before I get myself the wrong set up and it is too late.

thank you so much for the help!
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

IMO go 7'6".
  3. nkayser

nkayser Junior Member

sounds good. Would you happen to have any idea how much ballast i will need out back?
  4. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

none. The plow is super light. no ballast.

I run a 7.6 or a 6.8 with those sno waywings on my 22 series that I have on my 05 frontier. no troubles.