1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2003 chevy w/ Duramax

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Shadowghost, Nov 4, 2002.

1. Shadowghost

Shadowghost Junior Member

Does anyone else think the 2003 is ugly?

Also, have heard lots of negative feedback about the new Duramax diesel coupled with the Alison tranny. Are these rumors substantiated, or just that, rumors?
  2. Columbia Turf

Columbia Turf Junior Member

I do think the new front end is a little ugly, but i think it looks better than the Avalanche. jmho.

I have 2001 2500HD EXT Duramax/Allison and have no complaints. Seems to be a pretty good combination.

3. NoStockBikes!!

NoStockBikes!! Senior Member

I've got an '02 and I like it... The negatives I've heard seem to be concentrated on the '01's, and I know they worked a lot of bugs out after that. Problems with 02's and now '03's seem to be very anecdotal, similar to what you would find with any other vehicle. '01 tranny's had some issues with a switch that was subject to moisture failure, (probably responsible for the majority of the "my tranny failed!" horror stories)

I'm not so fond of the new style, but I was pleasantly relieved because I had been told "The new ones are gonna have a front end just liek the Avalanche" and I do NOT dig the front of the Av's. The headlights look a bit angry, maybe a bit too stylized, IMO.
  4. Lawn Lad

Lawn Lad Senior Member

I HATE the new color blue. I was going to buy an '03 in blue for myself next year... now i have to rethink that decision. I'm not a fan of the head lights either. Now I really have to rethink it. A little off topic I know.
  5. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I don't like the 03's too.I hate the advalanch and that is what GM ruberstamed all there LD truck front ends with.:realmad:
  6. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Wouldnt you know my truck is now payed off, just in time for the 2003 trucks to be released. I went to my dealer and said I was ready to sign paperwork if he could get me a 02, but he couldnt.
    I will just get a GMC, the front end treatment is alot better.
  7. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

you think the gm would be listening to what we want.
    02' styling not the 03's