1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2003 Chevy 2500hd will crank but not start

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by dj89, Feb 25, 2010.

1. dj89

dj89 Senior Member
    from wny

Just had the trans replaced in my truck. On the way home it went in to reduced engine power mode, could not go over 10 mph. Turned it off and let it sit for ten min. Than it started up and was normal. Put about 100 miles on it yesterday, when to start it up today and it will just crank but not start? I need this going in a few hours for this big storm......... thanks for your help

2. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Call the tranny shop and tell them to come and get it. Something isn't plugged in all the way or something. Do you have the ability to pull codes? If you need it running you better crawl under the truck and check the connections on the tranny and the 2 on the transfer case but I don't think the t-case ones would keep it from starting

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  3. dj89

dj89 Senior Member
    from wny

yeah i when to autozone i can't remeber the code. It siad to check the maf and tps, etc....

4. dj89

dj89 Senior Member
    from wny

Took it in a a shop, ended up the ground for the fuel pump was bad.