1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2003 Chevy 2500HD plow help Newbie here

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by letmeplowu, Sep 24, 2009.

1. letmeplowu

letmeplowu Junior Member

I hope you guys can help me.

I have a 2003 Silverado 2500HD.

I have a 3 plug Fisher. I followed the steps with the lights and color codes as stated on a previous post and the plow lights worked great except for the plow directionals, they never turned on.
    Problem #1
    Every time I call for the right or left, only the truck directionals came on and not the plow directionals.
    Problem #2
    I hooked up the "add a circuit" (used a 15amp) to the radio fuse under the truck, the joystick light came on, tried lifting the plow and the joystick light went out and so did the plow lights, truck lights still work.
    I disconnected the add a circuit and now the plow lights wont work.

Checked all fuses on the plow harnesses and none were blown.

Problem #3
    This is an easy one but just want to make sure.. Which ones are the DRL's?
    I always thought they were the bottom innermost lights closest to the center grill.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

2. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

This might help, for some self testing to figure it out

http://www.fishersnowplows.com/pdf/27179_070001.pdf

Lots of test/troubleshooting at the end of that file.

Thats for a straight blade three plug

if I have the wrong blade here is the link on fisher site.

http://www.fishersnowplows.com/publications.asp?cat=264

Looking at page 42, And with no power at control, no blown fuse, no park/turn. It basically says, check that the ground on vehicle control harness and vehicle cable assmebly are connected, if they are it's hinting at a bad module

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  3. letmeplowu

letmeplowu Junior Member

well the problem was resolved.. Bad ground..
    Good thing I was doing this at night and was able to see the spark coming from the grounded wire.

Thanks