1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2003 chevy 2500hd lights

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by greymare89, Nov 30, 2011.

1. greymare89

greymare89 Member

Trying to install a used 4 port isolation module and wiring on my 2003 chevy 2500. I got it all hooked up and everything seems to work except for the lights. The mechanic that ran the wires and spliced the blinkers told me the isolation module may be no good. I'm hoping this isn't the case. With the harness' plugged into the headlights without the plow on the truck the passenger side headlight worked but the driver side did not. I unplugged the driver side harness and plugged the factory truck harness back in so I could drive home in the dark. Today, with the plow hooked to the truck the lights on the plow are not working but the parking lights and blinkers both work perfect. Could it be a stupid mistake like possibly having something plugged in backwards? I hope I'm making a little sense with this question and not sounding like a total ******* but any help would be great!!! Also I'm using a western control and every now and then I noticed the plow goes up when I attempt to angle left. When I wiggle the white plug slightly it seems to go back to normal operation. the connection does seem to be a little loose but i was told the western hand held is the same as the fish stick. I bought all truckside parts used and am praying it's all gonna work like it should.....
  2. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

What are the light harness part numbers? Or, do you know what make, year and model vehicle they came from? Also, what color is the label on the iso-mod?
  3. plowsmart

plowsmart Junior Member
    from Ohio

4. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

need a little more info bud.

What model plow. New/ Used?

Is the harness out of somthing else or is it ordered brand new from the dealer for you truck?

As said before... need the part numbers on the harnesses on the 3rd and 4th plug.
  5. greymare89

greymare89 Member

Hey guys sorry for the late reply. I don't have serial numbers to any of the harnesses since I bought it used from a guy on this site and all numbers have worn off..... I was told all truckside parts came from a 2003 gmc 2500hd which should be the exact same truck. The mount matched up perfectly so I'd like to think the rest of the parts will do the same. I've read on here of guys flipping plugs, etc... Haven't tried that yet, just plugged in the plow harness to the truck matching grey plug to grey plug and black to black and thats where I stand. Havent had time to mess with it in a few days.
  6. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

so have you had the plow headlights working yet

or is your problem right now that your truck headlights are not coming on without the plow hooked up?
  7. Give us some more info and we will help you out!!! Let's go, it could snow anytime now!!!:mechanic:
  8. greymare89

greymare89 Member

As it stands now my passenger headlight works but not my driver side headlight when the plow is disconnected from the truck.... Additionally both high beams work when the plow is off the truck. As soon as the plow is hooked to the truck I only seem to have high beams for plow lights. I haven't been able to get more info for you guys since its been pouring rain for the past two days and I've been working the over night shift at work. Thanks for being willing to help I really appreciate it. I know the info I've given you doesn't help much so hopefully I can get out there soon to try and get this thing ready for the snow!!!!!