1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2003 Chevy 2500HD 6spd Duramax

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Team_Arctic, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Team_Arctic

Team_Arctic Senior Member

I have my old diesel for sale

2500HD 4x4 Extended Cab Duramax with the ZF6 6spd hand shaker... Lots of power for pulling and pushing..

truck has 145,--- miles on it.. still used every day.. well almost every day.

some of the things it has..

2 new interstate batteries in the last 2 months

at 100k NEW duramax engine... $16,000
    at 98k NEW zf6 trans ( GM) $4500
    at 98k South Bend Double Disc Clutch... $1900

new tires just before winter

normal maint. and repairs as needed.... this is a working truck... if its broke its no good to me so it was kept up nice.

Truck is wired for a western ultra mount straight blade... blade stays with me unless you want to pay more..

truck alone $18500obo.... well worth it with the new engine and drive line... think about it you are getting a 40,000 mile diesel for less then half of what one would cost...

If interested Please E-MAIL me for faster Response... Danny@interstatefarms.com this comes right to my black berry... or call 608-697-4028

51.jpg

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  2. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Engine and trans warranty? What happened to them? Injectors? Tuner?

3. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

If I were to guess the injectors crapped out, filled the crankcase with fuel and toasted some bearings. No guess on the tranny

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Very common.

5. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

C/LS/LT ?

What condition is the body and interior in, what happened to the hub covers, and what is a "hand Shaker" transmission?

I might be interested if I can see more pictures.

6. Team_Arctic

Engine went out due to some common lb7 issues that were left un noticed by one of the guys that no-longer works for me.. injectors were one problem but the main cause was a bad head gasket and a can of either... it wouldnt start for him so he gave is a little bit to big of a squirt....we all know how that ended.. the trans lost a scyncro in 1st gear and it was cheaper to replace the whole works( so i was told...) then to have my mech tear it down and replace it. When the engine was replaced it was with all upgraded hardware so there are not injector issues any more. It would be equal to a lly? i think at that time. There is no remaining warranty on the replaced engine or trans. There is a tuner on the truck just for fuel mileage reasons It does not at much to it at all. As to the interior. the back seat has never been used it is in perfect shape. The rest of the interior is in fair shape. this is an LS..

7. Team_Arctic

Hand shaker is a stick shift hub covers are someplace in my shed..

8. Team_Arctic

Here are a few more pictures and a list of things wrong(all minor)

Outer door handle into ext cab broken(froze and someone pulled to hard)
    Center council has seen some better days but still works
    Drivers side door pannel(Inside) is off some of the hooks that hold it to the door( its a little loose in the middle )

First two pics are outside... the wheels have been blacked out since the pictures were taken last fall.

truck1.jpg

truck1-1.jpg

9. Team_Arctic

Pics of drivers seat and back seat... the truck is dirty...forgive my mess

truck1-3.jpg

truck1-4.jpg

10. Team_Arctic

center council

truck1-2.jpg

11. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Ok, I'd want an automatic. Thanks for the info.

12. Polarisrider

Polarisrider Member

man I wish I could take this truck off your hands. You wouldnt be intrested in a partial trade for a 04 gmc 2500hd, 6.0 plus some cash. Owtherwise nice truck and good luck with the sale.

13. Team_Arctic

I would really rather sell it... If it does not sell it makes a great truck for pulling my trailers around.

14. Team_Arctic

to the top

15. Team_Arctic

back to the top...

$18,000....

16. mikes-plow

mikes-plow Senior Member

Nice truck wish i was in the market