1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2003 chevy 1500 unimount

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by jiffy, Feb 11, 2014.

1. jiffy

jiffy Junior Member

Okay, very frustrated because we have a plow truck with a Western Unimount plow on it, year 1994. The old girl is dying fast and we use it to plow our association which is a mile private drive and seven driveways, so we need help soon with this terrible winter.

We want to put the plow onto our 2003 chevy silverado 1500. WE CANNOT FIND ONE. What the heck are you supposed to do? We looked into the adapter kit but they say the clearance is bad after you put it all together and it's not a good option. I just need a 2003 unimount. HELP!! where can i find this mount???

2. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

Considering what your plowing I doubt you will have too much of a problem if you buy the coversion kit. But that may depend on how low down the front it the truck is now. Is the truck a daily driver for you or does it belong to the association?

If you are worried about it, considering the cost of the converstion kit maybe sell the unimount and get a used ultramount?

3. jiffy

jiffy Junior Member

Thanks for the response!
    From what I understand, our plow will not transfer to anything but a unimount bracket. The plow is older. Was that wrong info? Also, the old unimount that is on the '94 truck is welded on :( My understanding is the adapter kit is very heavy as well as it makes for really low clearance and we will hate it, especially if it is on my good truck.

The '03 silverado is my main vehicle that I drive also. It is our only option in order to continue to be able to plow.

I need help finding an '03 unimount bracket. I find that and my problem is solved unless there are other options for switching to this year? So, far, nothing?

Thanks!

4. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

Find a good local metal fabricator, bring him both trucks, get him to cut the mount off the old truck and modify it to bolt onto the new one.

5. WRIGHTWAY

WRIGHTWAY Senior Member

You can try the guy in bangor. He is very high priced for used but if your desperate

6. WRIGHTWAY

WRIGHTWAY Senior Member

# for guy in bangor
    269-427-7561

7. rcttree

rcttree Junior Member

Try ebay good source for plows and parts.

8. jiffy

jiffy Junior Member

Thanks for the Bangor tip. I called and we are going to go see what he has. Wish me luck?

9. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

That mount is still out there, hard to find, expect to pay 350-500 used depending on condition. You will have close to or more than that into the ultramount truck brackets and the adaptor, and the plow will sit to far out in front of the truck, that 1500 will be dragging on the ground. Gonna have to crabk the torsion bars up on a 1500 with the correct mount anyway. If you backblade those drives, you'll get hung up on the approaches with the adaptor.

10. WRIGHTWAY

WRIGHTWAY Senior Member

No problem. Mike any luck?