1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2003 Chevrolet Trucks

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Mike 97 SS, Aug 17, 2002.

1. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Chevrolet updated their website to the 2003 model year. I was just checking out the new Chevy pick up's and they changed the frontend treatment again? It now looks like an Avalanche in the front, not sure this is gonna grow on me this time. When they first changed the Chevy trucks a few years ago, it took a long time for them to grow on me, but after seeing the 2500HD's around, i started to really like them, but now, i dont think i can ever like that Avalanche look. :confused: Why would they change them again so soon? It looked so nice before and they were selling like hotcakes. Mike

2. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

well I think that the new look S**KS.Now all chevy trucks look like that crappy looking advalanch.BOY the enginers had a tough time designing the 2003 trucks.I have always been a chevy guy but now they are making my mind up to get a ford when i want a new truck.At least have some different looking models they all look the same.I wrote a letter to chevy have not heard back from them guess I was right and they don't know what to say.
    Does any one here know any one at the chevy who we can tell about this would love to vent to them about the looks of the new truck.Some people say well you can't see it from inside the truck that is true but you can see it when you get out and when you working on it.Why don't chevy go to the JETSONS look one round bubble
    :realmad: When they send you those questioneres what do you check off first price then looks then quality and so fourth they should have looks /price if it looks like sh*t and is high priced who would buy it?
    I'm just mad and venting sorry for such a long winded and very badly worded message guys.

3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

im so glad i have a 2002 silverado 2500HD instead of the new models, because i agree, they SU**. I talked to my chevy dealer and he said nobody likes them. Chevy was selling avalanches real good last year in the beginning, and thats when Chevy decided to make a change, but now Avalanche sales are way down. Truthfully, chevy has made a big mistake in my opinion(this is coming from a true chevy fan too) Just when they get something right, they go ahead and mess with it.

4. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

i like them, and if im not mistaken the fords are changing also??

5. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

why couldn't chevy leave the hd's alone? and just do it on the 1/2 ton series to test them out .I will never get used to them and will go with ford even if they change design .only because that GM thinks there sh*t is ice cream Have had nthing but problems with there equipment and the attuide that they give is very poor towards resolving it. IE:I brought a car in for somthing twice never really checked on it again but buy the time i did it was out of warrenty and they didn't even want to help or try to go even half way with paying for it . very bad customer relations and products.I wish some one from chevy would come in on these discutions since they say chevy sponsers this site.:confused:I would also like to point out while the inside is looking like a car so is the outside WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REAL LOOKING TRUCKS??? why don't the chevy guys tell us that .

Last edited: Aug 17, 2002
  6. jimsmowin

jimsmowin Senior Member

:realmad: I AGREE 100 PERCENT. i'll buy a used 95-99 before buying one of these.

7. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

It's funny, the Chevies were starting to grow on me, I like the 2500HD with the center hood bulge, a sharp truck. I think the Avelanche and Pontiac Aztec must have had the same designers, way too contemporary for me!

8. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

The new look has been growing on me also. I can't stand the avalanche, it looks like a mini van that's been rear ended. Chevy's new look will def. turn people over to ford or dodge. I don't like the new dodge look either. Next truck is def. a ford.

I've always liked the 73-87 chevy style. That's a classic look where a truck was a truck, had a mean look, and they were simple.

Bryan

9. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Thank a tree hugger for today's complexity!:rolleyes:

10. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

saw some 2003's going down the highway and damn if the car old carrie looked better than the new chevy pick ups.I used to hate the new gmc's and love the chevies now i'm going the other way but still don't care for the gmc's much either chevy had a good look with the 2001-2.If i wanted an advalanche i would by one now i guess we all have to get one ha ha ha.I hope chevy people(designers) are reading this .Will be looking at the fors more now and and scrap any gm pionts that I have.

11. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

The 2003s su*k the designers must happen been on drugs or something.

12. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

philly you got that right who the hell likes those advalanches to buy one .that's where they got the design.What did they wake up one day and say hey look some one bought the advalanche let make all our trucks look just like them? Well that is just a toy for the rich most of us in my opinion would eighter get a pickup or tahoe ,if any one did get that thing who would use it to carry crap in it I wouldn't not in a 40K dollar truck would rent one or borrow one if i didn't have a picup to use. I wrote a letter to chevy telling them about there new 2003 pick ups it's been 2 1/2 weeks and no response from them They know they made a piece of SH*T,the inside might be car like and nice but for the money i can't and would not spend it on the new 2003"s

13. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

I think the industry is forgetting that trucks were originally invented for work. Priced a new Dodge 2500 V10, they dropped the plow prep pkg, camper pkg, still no HD auto trans availible according to the dealer, but the price is up about 8%!

Bill

14. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

Yesterday i looked at a 1978 gmc 3500 dump. 2wd, 4 spd, 350. Popped the hood, you could live under there because of all the room. Try putting extra things in todays modern vehicles. The frame was clean, truck ran great, went up a big hill in 4th gear. The guy wants $1900. I'm going to call back today and offer $1200. He put an 87 grille, hood and fenders on it, it looks good, but needs a paint job.

Hopefully he'll take my offer, it was a really clean truck, with hardly any surface rust.

Bryan

15. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

it doesn't matter what king of trans you buy from dodge. they all suck!!!

16. Lawn Lad

Lawn Lad Senior Member

Well, this is no good. I bought a 2500HD for one of the maintenance crews this year thinking I would get a new one for my truck next year. Now I'll have to find something else for my truck... and I really like the HD.

Personally I like the picture gallery of the new truck - front end loader dropping bricks into the back of the 2500 HD bed with bricks hitting the back of the bed. Must be heck on that paint job - maybe it'll just rub out.

17. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

who knows maybe chevy will read these and make changes for next years body in 2004.I thought that i saw that tey suport this site so why don't they read it and answer our questions and change it back to the 2001 and 2002 models.

18. pats plowing

pats plowing Senior Member

I liked the 01 ad 02 2500HD looks but the avalance oo man. Thats not truck for work. Its ugly as well. Ill stick to ford.

19. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

Just an observation here

I tend to think that it might be possible to make a point without so much use of the * key.

20. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Im a Chevy guy too,i dont care for Ford and dont think i would ever buy a Ford vehicle, even though i love how the f350 SRW's look, but looks are a big part of liking what you are buying and if these new Chevys look crappy, its gonna make people not wanna buy them. I own a Chevy sports car and a Chevy truck now, i am a Chevy guy all the way, or should i say GM guy! Mike :drinkup: