1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by the_lawn_wizard, Dec 9, 2008.

1. the_lawn_wizard

the_lawn_wizard Member

2. Lil'PlowinMan93

Lil'PlowinMan93 Senior Member

Better.... But in my opinion your stupid if you don't buy 4x4. They aren't that much worse on gas either. Im buying a 1500 4x4 and hanging a fisher x blade and snow ex salter in the bed. Im only fifteen and your budget is what mine is like. I also do landscaping and i'll be puling my 5x10 with my truck also. Get a 1500 4x4 with timbrens and your good to go for starters. Oh... don't forget... get a good lightbar whelen etc... im looking into the led for durability and longevity.

3. MnDLawn

MnDLawn Senior Member

You were better off with the 4WD S-10.

4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

You are better off with the S-10 4x4.

5. snow tender

snow tender Senior Member

S-10 4x4 all the way

6. RedneckPlowGuy

RedneckPlowGuy Senior Member

you cannot and will not feasibly be able to plow anything with a 2wd truck in a timely manner and without tearing up your tires

7. rbergevine

rbergevine Member

4x4, a must

8. rawdog

rawdog Senior Member
    from Cape MA

isn''t there already 3 threads about what truck you should buy? and each time everyone tells you to buy a 4x4. Heres an idea..go to the fisher website or whatever plow manufacturer your looking at and see if there is a model that would fit the truck you are looking at. Your going to notice that most manufacturers wont have a 4x2 match until you get a 3/4 ton (f250,K2500)...its not a coincidence.

9. rawdog

rawdog Senior Member
    from Cape MA

wow no response... maybe he listened for once

10. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

Doubt it......

11. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member

I couldn't even get to some of my accounts without four wheel drive !

12. rbergevine

rbergevine Member

lol... I do admire his determination though, esp at his age.

Youngsters just have to learn some lessons the hard way - just as we all did. I have more patience for the teenagers here than the older crowd asking the same questions.

Safe season to all~

13. nekos

nekos Senior Member

14. the_lawn_wizard

the_lawn_wizard Member

ok so you want me to go out and spend $17000 when i only wanted to spend $7000 if i was going to spend $17000 i would buy a new truck

15. the_lawn_wizard

the_lawn_wizard Member

16. rawdog

rawdog Senior Member
    from Cape MA

on what a 2wd ranger? lol

17. nekos

nekos Senior Member

they can be shipped to any state . it costs like $300 to $1000 to do it. that wasn't the point though , buy a truck that will do the job you need it to do. you will spend less in the long run.