1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2003 chev 1500 unimount undercarrage

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by ron youngdahl, Feb 14, 2009.

1. ron youngdahl

ron youngdahl Junior Member

i was told that i can only use a western unimount undercarrage from a 2003 chev 1500 not a 2500 or 2500hd or 1500hd wont work. also i was told that this year truck uses a positive ground for the plow so any unimount wont work, any body heard simmular??
  2. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

positive ground for the plow ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,wow thats a new one, last time I checked 1/2 Ton and 3/4 frames were similiar.
  3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Bad info. The only thing changed was the headlight harness in 03. They use an 11 pin harness vs a 9 pin, and yes it's due to reversed grounds......but that's the headlights. You can put a Unimount on anything, worst case you'd have to switch the plow side to 3 plugs vs 2.

Yes, 1500 mounts are all that will work b/c the sub frames on other models differ quite a bit. They (1/2 tons) are the same 99-07.5.