1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2003 2500HD passing gear???

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by speedydog5, Jan 1, 2009.

1. speedydog5

speedydog5 Junior Member
    from Chicago

I am new to the 2500 I have a 03 2500HD with 4.10 rear,4x4 extended cab, just wondering do these have any kind of passing gear, it seems when i step on gas the trans barley shifts down , is that all there is suppose to be on these, if i get on expressway and am not moving fast enough i,ll be in trouble if a semi is coming cause it doesent shift down like all i have had, anything to check???

2. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Not sure what your problem would be. I have the same truck and when I mash the pedal getting on the freeway, it takes off like a raped ape.

3. Plowfast9957

Plowfast9957 Senior Member

I have the same truck and as said above I smash the pedal to the floor it kicks right down and gos for it.

4. speedydog5

speedydog5 Junior Member
    from Chicago

then it sounds like i have a problem any thing to check??

5. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

i would think you would have got a dtc code... go to autozone see if there are any codes stored