1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2003 1500HD Unimount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by garyg, Sep 27, 2011.

1. garyg

garyg Junior Member

I just bought a 2003 Chevy 1500HD. I have a unimount 8' western. My question is do I use the unimount from a 2500 or 1500? I've done some research and found that the 1500HD is actualy a light duty 2500. Is that true? and if so do i use the unimount truck frame from a 2500? Also where can i find one?
  2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

That's a tuff question as the unimount cross reference list that I have stops at 2002 so unless you can find someone to tell you what would fit you're in a jam. If you do find a model that works you can go to the buy & sell section of this website or you can contact your Western dealer and ask them to check the Swap Shop on the dealer section of the Western website where dealers post their stail inventory. Western doesn't sell complete mount packages any more but you can still buy repair parts so once you identify the model you need, then your dealer can order the assembly one piece at a time. It's not cheep but it is a way to do it if you have the cash. I will warn you that they won't like doing it because it will take a lot of time just to order all the parts and to get a price; they will be afraid of doing all that work only to have you say no, it's too much$. Of course finding a good used one would be best. A bad alternative would be to install an ultra mount with the adapter. Most people who buy them hate them but they are a last ditch solution that works in a pinch.
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Silverado/Sierra 1500HD/2500/2500HD/3500 all share the same mount regardless of which style it is (Uni or Ultra). Good luck finding a Uni for 03-up though, it's one of the toughest mounts to get your hands since production was short and it normally brings a premium when you do find one.