1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2003-04 Most used plow here

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Santo, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Santo

Santo Banned

Im curious as to what brand name plow is most used at Plowsite
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2003
  2. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Fisher 8ft and Fisher 71/2 foot plows
  3. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Santos. How high can you pile snow with that 9' Meyers? Just curious.
  4. wyldman

wyldman Member

All of them ;)
  5. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

If its a quality product that stands up to wear and abuse its used by someone here on plowsite. No one really runs those homeowner plows like snowbear on here. When you plow snow for a living your plow has to be there for you 24hrs for days straight during a storm. So like I said if its rugged and strong then someone here uses it for sure. Theres guys here running Fisher, Meyer, Western, Snoway, Curtis, Pathfinder, Diamond, Hiniker, Blizzard, and many other reliable durable brands.

6. J.Henderson

J.Henderson Senior Member

I run a Western MVP here on my Dodge 3/4 ton

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

8. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

I have and always will be running a Fisher plow. :D

Fisher plows are very popular around here. It is rare see Western and Boss plow but I did saw a few Sno-Way plows. Still some pockets of old Meyer plows popping around here. :rolleyes:
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2003
  9. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

Mostly Meyers
  10. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

1 10' Henke
    1 7' Meyer
    1 4' John Deere (who knows who makes this)
    1 Fisher old style
    2 Fisher MM
    1 Fisher MM2 V
  11. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

My father uses a meyer 8ft with the E47 pump:)
  12. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

It doesn't snow in cyberspace (or at least when it does it never seems to accumulate), so nobody has to use a plow here. :D

In the real world we run mostly Meyer, but only because that's what came on the trucks. If I were ordering a new one I'd definitely be comparing all the major brands, at least the ones with dealers within a reasonable distance.
  13. snowjoker

snowjoker Senior Member

Western unimount pro 7.5
  14. wyldman

wyldman Member

Western's on the bigger trucks,and Snoways on the smaller ones.
  15. beherit316

beherit316 Banned

A few years back I went into a BJ's wholesale club and they were selling a plow for $999.99, It might of been a snow bear of something, didn't really remember the name.Anyway you had to manually angle the plow in which direction you wanted to push the snow.Talk about a piece of crap.
    I'm sure this thing was made so crappy and if you needed parts for it, it most likely would be the biggest head ache to find parts.

I also seen advertised this push shovel that you can fit on a car, I think it was like $300.00.Like a car would actually be able to push the snow, LOL.It is amazing at the gimmicks companies will try to sell out there.

On another note, last year I saw the coolest thing, many of you probably know about it but i certainly didn't.My brother in law is a mechanic and they had an ambulance in the shop for some repairs.Anyway they had it up on a lift and the ambulance had this automatic control system that throw tire chains on the rear wheels and took it off while the vehicle was in motion, such a cool idea.he told me that was a very expensive thing to have on a vehicle.
    I never knew they made something like that so thats why I was fascinated with it.

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

for years i would see chains dangling from underneath school buses never thought it was automatic snow chain

17. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

i have a 7.5 meyers i made 9 foot tall 10 foot wide and 10 foot deep pile the plow is on a 2000 chevy 1500
  18. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

He gets 9' piles,, don't you remember? :)
  19. beherit316

beherit316 Banned

About the snow chains

It has an automatic arm track that swings the chains onto the tire and can also retract the chains while the vehicle is in motion.Pretty awesome.My brother in law said it might cost well into 20 thou plus for that equipment.
  20. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

More than likely they were the "On Spot" brand,they are on tons of Emergency vehicles as well as school buses,they are well under $3000 installed though:confused: so i'm not sure about that $20k figure?