1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2002 Wrangler suggestions? Western/Meyer/Snow Dogg

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Flying Squirrel, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Flying Squirrel

Flying Squirrel Junior Member
    from Chicago

I'm a newbie in the snowplowing business, and am looking for a little advice on what a good plow for a Jeep Wrangler might be. Also any suggestions on what I may have to do to prepare the Jeep for the snow, trans. cooler, suspension, oil cooler? Any and all info would be helpful and greatly appreciated! ussmileyflag,
  2. Plow More

Plow More Senior Member

What and how much do you intend to plow?
  3. JK-Plow

JK-Plow Senior Member

I would either replace the front suspension or put Timbrens up front. Stay away from the Western Suburban model and go with another model of Western (Mid-Weight). You can also put a Fisher and Boss plow on the Jeep. Go with what your closest dealer sells and can service quickly. You may want to talk with other plowers in the area you live in.
  4. Flying Squirrel

Flying Squirrel Junior Member
    from Chicago

About 15 driveways. Not a whole lot,but what the hell do I know? I'm not looking for a big blade, most of the driveways are pretty tight.

Jk plow - Why stay away from the suburban model? If I went with the mid weight model, do I need to beef up the front end? If so, in your opinion, whats the best cost effective way to do this? Damn, I just typed like my boss sounds!!!

Thanks for your replies gents, it is much appreciated!ussmileyflag
  5. tsut

tsut Member
    from NE Ohio

Put a Snow Dogg on my 2000 Jeep Wrangler last year. Works my drive great. Didn't add any extra ballast, nor any lift up front. Got about an inch of front end "drop" vs when not mounted. I don't go far with the plow, mainly my 500' drive, You'll LOVE the turn radius of the Jeep on driveways!
  6. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I'd add air shocks to the front and some counter weight to the rear to hold down the back, and get more traction.
    get the biggest plow they will put on. I have repaired my friend Meyer plow ... a lot. I like fisher I think it is the easiest to put on and take off. I also have a boss plow