1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2002 Trailblazer stuck in 4 low

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Gtarie, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Gtarie

Gtarie Junior Member

Right out of the blue...no moisture, moved a light sailboat...and my drive train is stuck in 4 low.....any ideas?

2. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Yeah the motor on the transfer case most likely. Happens all the time. Sometimes you can tap it with mallet and it'll move. Worst case can pull it off and manually turn it out of 4wd if you have to

3. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Not to be a jerk, but why would you have to be in four wheel drive, much less four low to move a small sail boat?

4. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Traction on boat ramp. Idk about towing in 4 low though

5. Gtarie

Gtarie Junior Member

I didn't have it in any drive but regular...It happened about 25 miles later...right out of the blue....

6. Gtarie

Gtarie Junior Member

Thanks I got a small mallet...BTW I am a 67 yr. old female, who isn't totally ignorant to these issues....but I found this site...what a blessing. Thanks. I was also going to try disconnecting the battery cables...read that somewhere on here.
    :confused:

7. Gtarie

Gtarie Junior Member

Went out this morning...and Poof it popped out with a bunch of coaxing....What can I do to keep this from happening again? Thanks in advance...Glenny in MI

8. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Did you tap on the motor or no?

9. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Glad it worked out for you, at least temporarily.