1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2002 Silverado Push Plates

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Bmxdkj, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Bmxdkj

Bmxdkj Member

Hi, my father has a 2002 Silverado, 7.5 HD Min Mount 2 plow. This weekend we're putting on the push plates (part #7160), and we ran into a problem with the rear two holes. We can't find a way to put a nut on the end of the bolt that goes into the frame. Does anyone have any tricks to mounting these? The front three bolts were simple, but the rear two are a pain. Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

2. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

Mine had a long thin rod welded to the nut.

3. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Fisher sells those plates new with what they call handle bolts, they are half inch bolts with a piece of half inch flat stock welded onto the top so you can put them staight through the frame rail to the holes, Fisher dealer's sell them for about 8 bucks a peice or you can make them yourself if you have access to a welder.

4. Bmxdkj

Bmxdkj Member

Ahh I understand now. I actually put them on using a magnet and snaking it into the hole. Worked like a charm. And no, this wasn't a new install. The plow is like brand new as are the push plates. Thanks for the help everyone!