1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2002 Silverado Plow & Suspension Question

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Massimo, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Massimo

Massimo Junior Member

Hi. I am very new at plowing and will only be doing it personally, not commercially. I have an '02 Silverado 1500 and just put an older (1999/2000, I think) Wester 8ft Pro-Plow on it. I didn't realize the plow was so heavy and it is pulling my front end down real low. Any suggestions (other than replacing the plow) for enhancing the suspension? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

throw a set of timbren on the front. they replace your factory bumpstops and are much thicker and heavy duty. can be done in about 10-15min. heres the link. http://www.truckspring.com/VSearchResults2.aspx?cID=739&pt=189&fv=583
    also turn your front torsion bars a couple turns. i did mine 4.5 turns each side. with 700lbs in the bed and the plow raised you cant notice a dip in the front end.

3. Massimo

Massimo Junior Member

Thanks a lot. Anything wrong with putting them in bot the front and back?

4. 06HD BOSS

no. i dont see why you would need them in the back unless your loading the truck down or pulling a trailer with a lot of tounge weight.

5. Massimo

Massimo Junior Member

Thanks. I ordered the front ones. I appreciate the help!

6. 06HD BOSS

nice. get some pics of the truck up here too.

7. Massimo

Massimo Junior Member

I just installed it which is why it is still attached. You can see how low it is. I will put some more up after I put the new springs in. thanks again.

Large_P7030093.jpg

Large_P7030095.jpg

Large_P7030096.jpg

Large_P7030001.jpg

Large_P7030002.jpg

8. 06HD BOSS

wow that does sit low. once you get the timbrens on and turn the torsion bars it will be a lot better. make sure you count the number of turns when you crank them. just do a search on here for turning the tbars, its been talked about numerous times.