1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2002 hino fb1817 dump with western 9ft unimount plow

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by usmcdroach, Dec 29, 2014.

1. usmcdroach

usmcdroach Member

I have a 2002 hino fb1817 dump truck. truck is a diesel and its 2wd with around 80k miles it has a Allison auto tranny as well . truck has dump bed with 1 fold down side and the tailgate has a stone chute. the body of truck or the bed has no rust also has the stahl boxes the one door that is missing in the picture I have the door and it needs put back on but the is nothing wrong with thdoor . the is some surface rust of frame but nothing major. it may need a drivers side tie rod in the near future which i already have the part just not a chance to put on. I also have a couple extra filters and other misc stuff that can go with truck. i still use the truck so the miles could go up the truck has no issues I am just selling to try and upgrade a few trucks. the plow is a western uni mount 9 ft pro

truck1.jpg

truck2.jpg

truck3.jpg

truck4.jpg

truck5.jpg

2. usmcdroach

usmcdroach Member

more pics of truck

truck6.jpg

truck7.jpg

truck8.jpg

truck9.jpg

truck11.jpg

3. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

No Price?????

4. usmcdroach

usmcdroach Member

$12500 sorry

5. usmcdroach

usmcdroach Member

Had truck out today. Went to leave gas station put in drive and nothing. Truck doesn't do anything in any gear forward or reverse . Maybe shift cable or something I have no idea. And running out of money since we are not plowing. If anyone is interested in truck shoot me some offers as it sits I'm willing to listen

6. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Where is Wellington?

7. usmcdroach

usmcdroach Member

Ohio I don't know why it doesn't show wellington, ohio

8. NBI Lawn

It does now.

Too far for me since it doesn't move. You wouldn't like my offer.

9. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

them shift cables love to snap... Very easy to change as well

10. myzx6

myzx6 Member

Allison is an electronic trans a blown fuse can cause that, I'd definitely check fuses 1st if you haven't already

11. Flawless440

You should fix the tranny... Truck not worth much without it
    Offer with a non working tranny 4k

12. usmcdroach

usmcdroach Member

Well $12500 is asking price . Maybe a little flexible not much. That was before tranny issue. I would probably be willing to take around 10k as is until my mech comes and takes a look at it. At the worst if the tranny was blown up there are used ones online for $500 and $500 or so to swap out. No more than 2k for completly rebuilt one. So at the end of day I'm willing to let someone have a good deal

13. NBI Lawn

Where are you finding rebuilt Allison transmissions for $2000?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  14. usmcdroach

usmcdroach Member

The tranny shop 5 mins from my house has given me a quote of 1900 plus tax rebuilt. They are going to look at the truck later this week to see what exactly is wrong but they gave me the rebuild price as a worst case. And in the meantime i have been searching for other options. Just found a allison factory reman that has 5000 miles the owner of truck blew the engine and parted it out instead of putting more money into truck. inam going to put that in if needed

15. Flawless440

Is the tyranny fixed? Still looking for a dump

16. usmcdroach

usmcdroach Member

no . I was out everyday plowing and didn't have time to pull it down to shop. And can't talk my mech to coming to my house and laying in the snow to look at it. But I'll let you know as soon as it is if you want to come look. Once fixed I'm gonna be pretty firm on truck. Just to save both your time and mine

17. usmcdroach

usmcdroach Member

Truck is fixed and in 100% working order. Ready for new owner

18. On a Call

On a Call Senior Member

How many ton can it haul ?

19. On a Call

On a Call Senior Member

I am interested

20. usmcdroach

usmcdroach Member

Truck weighs about 8500 and gvw is 17600. So about 4.5 ton. And the truck has 10 ton hoist