1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2002 hide-a-away install

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by M.C.A., Feb 3, 2003.

1. M.C.A.

M.C.A. Member
    from WI

Since its raining and not snowing, I thought I would post some pic of an install I did on my 2002 ex cab back in Dec. I started this long project by removing the rear seat to mount the power supply. It's was small enough to mount way in the back out of the way. I cut the carpet & padding out and screwed it to the metal floor. I then removed the side panel and routed the wire out a vent in the back of the cab.

power unit.jpg

2. M.C.A.

M.C.A. Member
    from WI

My next step was to mount the switches in the dash. I removed the face plate, unpluged the switches and removed the square plastic panel. I cut the rectangle holes by heating a hobbie knife and filling to fit. Thick plastic.

switches from left to right

plow lights (boss)
    front strobes
    rear strobes
    top momentary hi/low
    bottom momentary pattern selection (whelen)

dash switches.jpg

3. M.C.A.

M.C.A. Member
    from WI

I then mounted the clear strobes in the rear turn signals. I used the heat plate as a guide for the hole location.

tailight.jpg

4. M.C.A.

M.C.A. Member
    from WI

I put the amber strobes in the hi beams. The right front standard 15' cable was to short so I cut the left rear added some amp conectors and made an extension.

headlight 2.jpg

5. M.C.A.

M.C.A. Member
    from WI

This is just a mount I made for the plow handheld controller.

hanheld 3.jpg

6. M.C.A.

M.C.A. Member
    from WI

This is a pic of my brothers edge bar & backrack we installed a couple of years ago.

tony backrack lightbar.jpg

7. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Thats a really sweet setup. I really like the color-matched rack, and the strobe bar!:drinkup:

8. M.C.A.

M.C.A. Member
    from WI

I forgot the pic of the switch box we ordered it on internet for about 75.00-80.00 (Able2). You were able to pic the legion or have custom ones made.

tony switches.jpg

9. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

hummmm. interesting set up. i put 4 clear strobes in my lenses, but they are in my rear turn signals, and then in my front turn signals as well. since i only run 4 hideways, and a slimlighter that plugs into the cig plug, i used my aux lamp switch as my button to put the strobes on. very nice setup though. i really like the light bar.