1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2002 gmc sierra transfer case

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by ahoron, Feb 13, 2009.

1. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

I need to know if I can use rtv sealent instead of the gasket. Or does anyone know the part # for the gasket? The gasket is the one that attaches the transfer case to the trans. 2002 gmc sierra 1500 automatic floor shift The local parts stores are useless Thanks andy

transfer case .jpg

2. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

tymusicI would ask a GM dealer and either buy theirs or a more economic one. Although here Im finding that GM parts are comparable in price to the automotive suppliers. Might have something to do with the spiral they are trying to come out of.:dizzy::salute:

3. rmartini27

rmartini27 Senior Member

go to the dealer. i tryed to get a gasket for a older model gmc. i bought 3 gaskets online before i went to the dealer and got the correct one. as for the rtv it should work but the gasket was easier to install and it only cost a few dollars. no problems after install

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

No need for the paper gasket. RTV is just fine....

5. mnic

mnic Junior Member

rtv is good just like B&B said but check the input shaft seal with a scribe to make sure it is still flexible if it breaks a piece off replace because the transfer case will suck out the trans fluid and become overful and you ll never know it is happening just some insurance