1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2002 GMC Sierra 2500

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by sasquatch094, Nov 5, 2008.

1. sasquatch094

sasquatch094 Junior Member
    from ohio

Hey guys, im new here but not to chevys nor plowing.. I just had a couple questions for you guys.. I have a lowered chevy tahoe right now and thinking about to sell because of winter coming and i want something i can plow with. So ive been snooping around and found a 2002 GMC Sierra 2500 with 140,000 miles on it. Its auto with the 6.0 liter. Red exterior gray interior with vinyl seats and rubber floor. no power. 4 door 4x4. short bed ext cab. manual 4x4 linkage... but anyways.. is it worth buying for 5500?? i want to throw a plow on it and does anyone have good plow suggestions to what brands? But i need something to really do the job this winter.. anyone have any good websites to buy these on?? should the 2002 sierra do the job??? thanks guys.. heres a quick snip of my tahoe and the truck im looking at..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. sasquatch094

from ohio

umm any help here guys?????

3. csx5197

csx5197 Senior Member

Are you going to be using this as your daily driver as well? I think if you just plowing residentials or your own you'll be fine. If you get a Fisher plow you'll want to get some timbrens so that the front end doesn't crap out immediately. Also get the front end checked out to see if its in good shape. I'd say probably a Western or a Boss would do the job. Again kind of depends on what you are plowing. Hope this helps.

4. sasquatch094

from ohio

yea i was just thinking of doing about 20 driveways.. on my street, nothing crazy.. i mean is the 2500 really worth it, or would a 1500 4x4 be the same plowing wise and etc. i know it has the diff motors and gears, but i just want something to be effective for my money and use it as a daily driver until summer or spring. thanks alot

5. BigLou80

BigLou80 Senior Member

I would probably buy that for $5000.00, its kinda stripped but whatever. I have an 02 GMC 2500HD with an 8'6" EZ-V, after 5 years of commercial plowing I would get in the truck and head to california tomorrow.

The money I made plowing alone has paid for the truck and all the repairs.

6. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

The truck will work good for plowing, and if you plan on doing just driveways, look into snow-way (Toby will chime in soon enough). The downpressure is a nice thing to have when doing drives.

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

8. sasquatch094

from ohio

Alrite thanks guys. Im thinking ill look at it or call him sometime next week. I was hoping that the truck would pay for itself when i get a plow on it. I have a fisher and a western on 2 of my other chevys and i like both of them. The western is newer and i perfer that one over the fisher, but again the age is different between them. how did you guys buy your plows? internet,store, people? is it worth buying a new or used plow for the money?? I didnt get an answer for when i said is it worth getting the 2500 or should i get a 1500? thanks guys..

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

2500:nod: 1500:nono: