1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2002 ford utility...what type of plow and can i put a sander in it?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by greenworldh20, Nov 26, 2003.

1. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 Member

i purchase a leftover 2002 ford f-350 dually with a knapide utility body. i actually just installed the 9' western plow on the vehicle. i want to put a 2 yd stainless steel sander/salter in the back of the vehicle. is this possible?

secondly, does anyone plow with the 2002 ford and how does it perform? this is my first new truck in 5 years...we run many older trucks for snow removal and this vehicle is the first one in the turnover.

thanks,

brian:confused:

2. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

i dont know if you plowed with the utility bodies before but if you havnt than besareful when turng going down hill the truck wants to get away from ya its the weight that causes it

3. bam

bam Senior Member
    from .

you'd have to measure the width of the utility body. most of the duallies though, should fit a v box.

also is it 2x4 or 4x4? we have 2wd 450 crew cabs. in order for them to push the 9' diamonds, we like to put traction tires on the rear. it makes a huge difference in performance.

4. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 Member

4x4, dude

it is 4 wheel drive...do the traction tires in the rear really make a difference?

are traction tires snow tires?

brianpurplebou

5. earnies2

earnies2 Senior Member

Plowing with a utility body

First off let me tell you what I have 97 F350 4x4 PSD Knapahide wide body 6 traction tires, air ride suspension,on board compressor/with tank,10 k mod, down pipe, gutted cat, over size trany pan,spin on external oil filter 2 trany oil coolers,one with a fan,remote start,pyro gauge,duel air compressor gauges,over head shelf with gauges,strobe control box,sander control,& CB radio,9'fischer minut mount with snow foil,8' stainless sander with 12"extension on top, empty wgt 9800 lbs ,loaded (plow,sander,sand) 15,800. She works hard and gets hot! plowing with a utility body is a lot of extra weight,loss of visibilty,and a lot of side sway whean loaded,you have to remember the back is heavy and always wants to come around on you!Plus i cannot let any of my drivers drive this truck becaus it is overweight has poor visibility and you have to pay attension to the trany and exhaust gauges or you will have a meltdown. be caurfull to measure the with of the inside of your body and the outside of the sander,(most manufacters only give you the box numbers ) you have to allow extra for the tiedowns,also you have to configure somthing for the front tie down it will be in the bed, you might have to modify your rear bumper for the shute,get a long spinner . well i hope that helps! if you need any assistance just e mail me!:cool: