1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2002 ford f250 v8 gas engine with high miles for sale

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by lilsteve08, Dec 27, 2013.

1. lilsteve08

lilsteve08 Senior Member

would anyone on here buy a 2002 f250 v8 gas 4x4 truck with 300,000 miles on it? the truck looks clean and has a brand new bed on it that the seller swapped from his new truck so he could keep his 2002 utility bed for use on his new truck. I have never came across a gas truck with 300,000 miles, he is asking $4500

2. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

there is a guy on FTE with 6 5.4 powered E450 buses, all have over 1 million mile on them and still run strong.. they get an average 600 miles per day doing airport shuttle service.
    we have 2 F-350's at the body shop with over 350,000 miles on them that get used every day for parts delivery/pickup.
    if it is clean and has maintance records i would not hesitate one second to buy it.

3. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

Tell him 2500

4. lilsteve08

lilsteve08 Senior Member

Truck doesn't have a plow, hitch or even a bed liner because bed is new 2013 or 2014, Like I said never saw a gasser over 240,000 or so, looks nice though, no rust underneath

5. trevier

trevier Senior Member

guess it depends on what your going to do with it.

6. lilsteve08

lilsteve08 Senior Member

Update, front end was smashed by a large excavator he replaced hood with aftermarket, fenders didn't lineup and front end needed 1000 worth of work, was just lookin for a cheap nice lookin plow truck, seller was nasty when I mentioned about takin to my mechanic, he can keep it for 4750

7. Buck331

Buck331 Member

Answer: NO

It's a $300-$500 junk truck for parts at best.

8. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I would not touch a truck with 300K on it ! It would have to be $500 for me to buy it. There is just way too many things/parts on that truck that would need replaced or repaired. Most parts on that truck are not original. You can drop $600 on the front end easy, between: steering, braking and axle U joints or CVJ shafts. Then there are engagement parts and motors for the 4x4 system. What are the brakes like? What are the brake line condition? I bought a truck like that once, will not do it again! It was one thing after another for a year!