1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2002 Ford Expedition plow truck

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by bmongan, Jan 28, 2012.

1. bmongan

bmongan Junior Member

When I was looking for a plow for my 02 Expedition I could not find much info on Expeditions with plows. After much research I decided on a Hiniker 8' straight blade.
    I really liked the Boss straight blade but the dealer was too far from me in the event of a break down. I don’t know much about the Sno-Way plow but they look flimsy to me. I was worried about the weight, but I decided on the Hiniker and the 8’ was only like 14lbs heavier the 7.5’. My truck sagged a little with the plow on so I added a set of Timbrens. I could have gotten by with out the Timbrens but decided to add them any way. The Hiniker plow seems very well made. I used it for the first time this week and the truck and plow worked great. I do medium sized commercial lots so my truck and plow work hard. I hope this helps anyone considering putting a plow on their Expedition or F150.

DSC01608.jpg

DSC01587.jpg

2. 03sd

03sd Member

Nice setup a few guys around here run them.

3. bmongan

bmongan Junior Member

Thanks
    I had a 1992 Ford Bronco with a 7.5 western plow for about 15 yrs. That was a great plow truck. Before the Bronco I had a 1981 ford F350 4spd. flat bed with a 8' Meyers and a HiWay sander strapped to the back. I used the flatbed for about 10 years, Manual Trans sucks, I am glad to be plowing with Automatic trans.

4. 03sd

03sd Member

We had a bunch of ramchargers over the years the short wheelbase is great im sure you will be happy with it, I did see some videos on youtube of expeditions plowing check them out.

5. bmongan

bmongan Junior Member

Thanks, I will check the videos out