1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2002 f250 or 2000 f350 7.3L Diesel

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by dieselfreak, Aug 16, 2010.

1. dieselfreak

dieselfreak Member

I am looking to buy either a 2002 f250 7.3l diesel supercab 4x4 short box with 121,000 on it $16,000 or a 2000 f350 diesel 7.3l diesel supercab 4x4 short box with 139,000 on it $13,900 there both very good trucks but i really like the 2002. I want to put either a 7.5 Pro plus with wings or a 8.5 v western plow. tell me in your honest opinion what i should do and heres a link to the trucks. thanks in advance

this is the 2000
    http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...tfield=PRICE&certifiedOnly=false&aff=national

this is the 2002

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...tfield=PRICE&certifiedOnly=false&aff=national

2. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

I'd take the 02. Even though she has a bit more miles on it, she looks less molested. That 2k was sending up a couple warning bells in my head. Get the VIN and do an OASIS report to see the background history of all warranty work done at the dealer. You can find more about the OASIS reports at ford-trucks.com.

3. dieselfreak

dieselfreak Member

just wondering why did the 2000 raise a red flag? the 2002 had an oil pump put in according to carfax lol.

4. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Personally i would go with the 00. I like the white and you can always upgrade the headlights to the newer style. But i do like the mileage on the 02 and the extra 2 years did ad a few different things.

But if it was me i would keep looking. The 02 is only worth $14.5k Both of them are overpriced. Unless you can get them to take thousands off the price i would not buy either. I picked up a 03 f350 7.3l dually 3 months ago with 117k on it for only $15k

Sorry but i would keep looking for a better price, no reason to pay a premium.

5. Evan528

Evan528 PlowSite.com Veteran

All of the powerstroke 7.3's are being listed for thouasands over BB value..... I guess they are in high enough demand.