1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2002 F250 No backup lights

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by mklawnman, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Noticed the other day while plowing I dont have any backup lights. I replaced the bulbs but stil nothing. I do run 90W strobes in my backup light area too but I couldnt see that burning out the bulbs, the backup lights have worked for the past 3 years since I put the strobes in.
    I did remove my trailer brake harness in back and took it off, always gets full of salt and snow. I unplugged it and put a dead plug in it for the winter. I had gotten an old plug for the back and cut the wires off, figure it would help keep snow and salt out of the connector. Im not sure if that is screwing up the backup lights or if there is a fuse for it, which I couldnt find in the manual. I also notice my brake controler in the cab blinks 0.0 when I hit the brakes every time so something isnt working right.
    Anyone with any suggestions?
    Matt

2. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

I'l pull out my trusty test light and see if you have power to the socket(s). If you don't have any power there, I'd go to the fuse panel and see if the fuse is blown - by seeing if I had power there.

3. Hey Ill try that, I dont know why I didnt try that in the first place ha.

4. Ok, checked the lights with a tester and we have no power back to the backup lights. Is there a switch that could be bad or something that switches to the backup lights on the transmission? Im thinking a switch is bad or a wire came off somewhere?