1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2002 F250 Crew V10 question

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by 160ClassBuck, Jun 29, 2005.

1. 160ClassBuck

160ClassBuck Member
    from WI

Looking at buying a used 2002 F250 crew to replace 2 vehicles (1/2 ton crew that tow's the family and a camper and 3/4 ton plow truck). Want to transfer the 8' Hiniker "C" plow and was told by a Ford dealer the front end will need an extra spring or air spring installed to handle the weight since the V10 is much heavier than the 5.4L V8. Weight rating on the front end is 4,700 spring and 5,200 axle. The plowing is just 5 local rural driveway's.

Anyone out there that could lend some advice?

Thank you 160!

2. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

I like the add a leaf myself.
    It adds 850 pounds to the front end, and raised my 01 F350 PSD up 2.5"
    It sits nice and level now.

3. 160ClassBuck

160ClassBuck Member
    from WI

Mebes,
    thank you for the reply.

Was the extra spring you were able to do on your own? If not, I'm thinking of negotiating that as part of the deal from the dealer.

Thank you again for the reply.

4. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

5. mylawn03

mylawn03 Senior Member

I had a spring shop add a leaf on my stock front springs, raised the front end around 2", they told me it will add an additonal 1000lbs capacity. I haven't hooked up my plow yet but I would assume it won't sag to much, if at all.