1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2002 F250 Bracket Mounting Position

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by tugboat609, Dec 15, 2011.

1. tugboat609

tugboat609 Member

I have a 2002 F250 diesel. I bought a used 8ft superduty poly and I have no idea where to mount the bracket that holds the truck side connections? I also want to replace the 4 relays on the harness due to corrosion. Where can I find them? Thanks:)
  2. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

Some people like to use the bracket, I don't . My connection stayed tighter without it. But my truck has a storage shelf in the front. (If you pull on a plug that not hard mounted the whole thing moves and stays connected). My 2006 Boss plow came with the panasonic relays, my 2010 kit came with Song Chuan Relays. I attached both data sheets. I believe the Song Chuan relays from Boss have the diode internal to help with spikes when the mag field collapses when you turn them off. I wasn't able to souce these yet for $4 but the owns without the diode are available from Digikey CB1T12V Panasonic $7and Mouser 896H1CHS for $4. My Boss setup has 896H1CHS M01 these you can get from any Boss distibutor for ~$15ea
  3. jklawn&Plow

Here are the data sheets

Attached Files:

4. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

Don't bother with the bracket & you can get the relays at Napa, Carquest etc. etc.
  5. jklawn&Plow

Does Napa on Werhle have 896H1CHS M01 ? Online could not find.