1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2002 f150 7700 Thinking about plowing?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by sempertrue, Sep 11, 2004.

1. sempertrue

sempertrue Junior Member

Is the vehicle capable of plowing. I would be doing 5 or 6 driveways per storm all paved in town. I live in Central Maine and we get all that heavy snow from the public plows that go by. Any certain size or type? I plow at my work but im spoiled. Weve got a v plow and sander on a f450. Not quite sure what my f150 is capable of. Thanks for any help.
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Hi, sempertrue. I'm just south of you about 30 miles (Palermo). Sure, you can put a plow on that F150. But if it's still under warranty, you want to check with your dealer. Some 1/2 ton Fords aren't built for it and putting a plow on it will void the warranty. If you do, get a 7 1/2' foot. Fisher is the most common around here (built in Rockland). There might be a Fisher dealer in Waterville (check the Yellow Pages). If not, O'Connor's in Augusta is where I get all my snow equipment. Boss snowplows has a dealer in Windsor. They're fairly new around here, but marketing aggressively. Friend of mine here has a Boss "V" and likes it.

If you want to get together sometime, let me know. I'm always thinking "snow" all year (see my signature).
  3. sempertrue

sempertrue Junior Member

Thanks Mick

I appreciate it. The dealer told me when I bought the truck that it was the only F150 they had available that would warranty a plow. I really do not care anyway. I will not be doing too much plowing. I dont think anyway. Depends on how much the wife is annoy'n me. I agrre a 7 1/2 is the way to go. My gfavw is 3760. Should I consider a lighter plow? Just want the most bang for my buck. I love the v plow but cant afford it. Definately would like to stay under $3000. Thanks Chris
  4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

For quality issues, I wouldn't worry about trying to find a lighter plow. Look into a Fisher 7.5' LD (Light Duty) model or a Homesteader. If you think there is a chance that you'll want to plow more than your own driveway, opt for the 7.5' RD (Regular Duty).

There is no V Plow that would be a good match for a 1/2 ton. Except for a couple of brands I'd rather not go into.

Keep an open mind with respect to that $3,000 limit.
  5. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

i had the same truck but an 01. the 7700 is kind of like a light duty 250. mine had the plow prep but i never hung a plow on it. if you have the plow prep go with a 7'6" plow.
  6. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

meyers makes a special 7.5 for ford f150s might try there website