1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2002 f-350

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by KC2LLW, Dec 19, 2008.

1. KC2LLW

KC2LLW Member

Hello,
    Could someone tell me why all the plow manufactures don't recommend putting a plow on my truck? 2002 F350 7.3Liter diesel crew cab 8' bed dually.
    Thanks
    Steve

2. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

have u tried the sno -way line of snow plows

3. KC2LLW

KC2LLW Member

No I haven't

4. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

5. KC2LLW

KC2LLW Member

Thank You!

6. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

if u have any question about snoway just ask Toby (sponsor) or Basher they Know there stuff also u may what to see where the nearest dealer is too ,for ermergency repair parts

7. KC2LLW

KC2LLW Member

Thanks I have a Sno-Way Dealer in my town just didn't know why Meyers and Western didn't have my truck listed only with a V10 no diesel? I will check out the Sno-Way do you know where they are in pricing?

8. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

from what i hear there prices are fair and with in the local market

Last edited: Dec 19, 2008
  9. 02 Stroked

02 Stroked Member

I have a 2002 F-350 crew cab short bed and the guys and Fisher told me the same thing. I ended up getting an 8 ft. poly Meyer plow for my truck and haven't had any problems at all. Knock on wood.

10. Kunker

Kunker Member

Front axle weight rating...the diesel is a heavy, heavy engine and the companies are covering themselves from liability for putting an extra 900 pounds on the front axle on top of the PSD. Have you tried talking to a dealer directly? They can probably recommend something as lots of people on here plow with diesels.

Good luck!

11. KC2LLW

KC2LLW Member

No I haven't checked a dealer yet just the plow websites I wonder if a poly plow like 02 Stroked did would be a better way to go?

12. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

KC2LLW it has to do with the Front axle rating. The fact that you have a diesel right? and a crew cab means you can have less weight on the front of your truck because of the increased weight of those two. Tons of people still plow with them though and do just fine. Unless your talking Sno way I believe all other manufacturers have more weight on there poly plows. Not sure about meyer, but that means youre probably not saving any weight there. From what I read here and the rep I met with over summer the new Sno Way plows are pretty damn good. My 2 cents though.....a 9.2 BOSS VXT would look nice on there!!! :)

13. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member

I have the same problem with my truck only worse being a 3/4 ton Boss would put a 8 foot strait blade on but no v. I am running 8 foot Meyers steel and it seems a little heavy. And yes the poly Meyers weights a little more.

14. 02 Stroked

02 Stroked Member

Yes they do. I would recommend putting on a leveling kit also. It gave me more ground clearance while driving around with the plow on.

15. KC2LLW

KC2LLW Member

Wow I would have thought the poly would be less weight I am looking at a western 8' pro on ebay

16. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member

It is because of the extra support required to hold the poly

17. Kunker

Kunker Member

I was wondering why it was heavier on most of the websites...now it makes sense.