1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2002 F-350...clean are they asking too much?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by exmark1, Dec 18, 2009.

1. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

2. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

I would say the price is a little high for being a regular cab with almost 100,000 miles
  3. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Nice truck, seems like a fair asking price.
  4. exmark1

I am not sure how "firm" that price is I have never dealt with them as a dealer. I thought it was high too, but it's a rare truck and it is VERY clean. What scares me is all the accessories, the banks kit etc... it almost makes me wonder if it has been driven hard and beaten on.
    I am going to look tomarrow and see what they would take for it
  5. exmark1

I am hoping to get them down around $15000.00 if all looks and drives good with it. I have no clue what sort of Banks system it has either
  6. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Very nice truck.
    15K would be a great buy.
    Check craigslist for more options in buying a truck too
  7. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Wow that way high for Michigan

They mostly $8,000-13,000 dollars here.

Look like it baby but does that have lift kit?

Can you check under cab body if you see any sand or mud? If it there then they must rode in 4X4 mud yard for fun.
  8. Green Grass

9. exmark1

But that one is a 6.0...I would pay the extra for the 7.3 and the regular cab is what I am looking for.
    I looked on autotrader there wasn't a whole lot around here at least, I am pretty picky on a truck, it has to be RED.

I couldn't tell if there was a lift in it or not, kinda looked like a leveling kit and overload springs I walked around it last nite
  10. exmark1

I am on the fence yet...I can buy my 2004 Dodge 2500 Hemi w/125,000 Miles for $2500.00 and either fix it or put on a flat bed.
    So I am not really sure yet...I have to decide by Monday
  11. Green Grass

Exmark we ever going to see pictures of what the truck looks like?? Call Crysteal and see what a bed would cost and if they have a used one. I would buy the truck back if it is only $2500
  12. exmark1

I will go to the body shop and snap a few tomarrow. Basically it needs a box & bumper cab and the frame are perfect!

How much do they get for say a 7x9 flatbed with a hoist?

The box doesn't look horrible, however the floor is tweaked and one side is destroyed, the other side is bowed out and the tailgate is bulging out from being squashed between the sides.
  13. exmark1

If a guy wasn't too picky you could make the box work with one new side and pulling the other one in a bit. I think you could beat the floor down so it would work it just wouldn't be perfect.
    I like the truck I have...I am just really on the fence
  14. Green Grass

have you check a junk yard for a box?
  15. exmark1

Closest one is in Iowa about 300 miles from me for $1000.00 not including the tailgate or tail lights. I was just looking on car-part.com that is for one in color that would not have to be painted.
    I could probably fix the existing one cheaper then $7000.00 with aftermarket or used parts if I was trying to go cheap about it.
  16. Green Grass

body shop tell you how cheep they could do it with aftermarket parts? Find one closer in a different color and have it painted there are come on there for $1000 with lights and tailgates in different color
  17. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

When I had my diesels I read to many Con's vs. Pro's of putting Banks systems on trucks. So many that I just decided it wasen't worth the risk, I guess I was looking for at least 80% positive feedback. That's the only thing that scares me about that truck other than the price also.

Remember since Cash for Clunkers used car market prices have gone up....the dealers are trying to get more than actual worth since used cars and trucks are harder to find.
  18. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

price is definately high but see where you can negotiate it down to, never know. all depends on how long its been sitting on the lot but this time a year they usually jack the truck prices up. as for the banks system, im assuming its just an exhaust system. if it was a tuner and it doesnt have gauges, which i didnt see in the truck, i wouldnt even consider it. who knows how beat it is from the tuner especially the last owner since you cant even keep an eye on what the truck is really running at.
  19. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

$13,000 for the 2002 and $16,500 for the 07. I don't think there would be much to worry about on the 07 6.0. From what I have read they had most of the problems worked out by then but I could be worng. If you decide to keep the Dodge go to an upfitter and get a bed they just have them laying around piled on one another.
  20. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

I dont think that is a bad price. 15k would be real good. I wouldnt worry about banks. Banks is pretty dumbed down and isnt going to put the truck into any major danger. Even if it was driven hard, it should be fine, 7.3s can take a beating and the truck can take a pretty good one too. Keep in mind, most people that do up their trucks take pride in it and most likely babied it.

But if you can get it for 15k I think you got a great deal and a great truck. and 95,000 miles really isnt anything to worry about either. A friend has 350,000 miles on his 7.3 and its just now starting to need a little attention in the way of an exhaust leak and turbo pedestal o rings which isnt really a big deal.