1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2002 F-250 V8 Crew cab can plow w/ 9tf plow?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by mgnaraujo, Aug 17, 2007.

1. mgnaraujo

mgnaraujo Junior Member

I would like to know if I can push a 9ft. BOSS plow on my 02 Ford F250HD !CREW CAB! V8 5.4 Triton gas engine and get good results overall, the job, the power, no troubles! (If you might ask why not go with a smaller 8' plow. Its because I'm getting it at a GREAT PRICE! ALMOST FOR FREE!

2. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

It can carry it and have no problems. Plan on sucking gas

3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

You'll be OK in light snow. Heavy, wet stuff is going to be a problem. You will work the engine and tranny hard. If it's what you have, you just have to make it work for you.

4. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

It is not recommended by Boss but, who ever plays by the rules? The comment above says it all. Just too much plow for that truck.

5. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I'd say it is a bit too big, especially with a crew cab. That's a lot of weight when pushing wet heavy snow. I'd got 8' or MAYBE an 8.5'.

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Yeah if it were me I would pass on it almost free or not the last thing you will want to have is the tranny to go out when you get a big snow fall.

7. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Take the 9' and sell it for a profit. Put the money towards an 8'.

8. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I would agree.

9. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

super sized

it would work but it would tank 40 acres to turn around,and be a lot of weight on the front end.timbren load boosters would be a must.i agree with bltp203 sell it if its that good of a deal ,but 9' plow are not that popular !:salute:

10. FSUPERDUTY

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

I agree with popo and because I have experience with it! take the nine and run.truck will handle it just fine.8 foot is to small for a super-duty when angled all the way it will barley stick past the wheels.If the snow is that heavy you will have to take smaller bites no matter what size the plow is!

11. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I agree, I don't know of anybody around here with a 3/4 and bigger running anything smaller then a 9ft. Our 98 GMC is only a reg cab, 350 and it's had 9'2 Boss V on it since new and the transmission is original. Going forward to reverse without stopping is much harder on the tranny then pushing. JMO

Last edited: Aug 19, 2007