1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2002 excursion value?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by bluerage94, Dec 3, 2015.

1. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

I'm thinking of updating my personal truck and don't feel the blue book values are truly representative of what a truck should sell for....I got a 2002 Ford Excursion, 7.3 diesel (afe stage 2 intake/air filter, MBRP stainless exhaust, chip),(138,000 miles), monochromatic black (not 2 tone), leather, 3rd row, 6 disc cd, premium sound, entertainment system(vhs, 8in screen) warn hubs, new tires, new brakes, blizzard 8ft plow. think its fair to good condition. Figured I should just keep it as a backup plow truck for those numbers....anyone have thought of where it should be priced at?:help:

2. skorum03

skorum03 2000 Club Member

What is the value? And what do you thin the value is? No matter how nice it is, its still almost 14 years old. That takes away value in a hurry

3. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

I'd just look at prices on Ebay or something like that. That'll give you a good idea as to pricing.

4. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Vhs. high tech 14 years ago for sure, now it's funny

5. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

7-10 grand is all I'd pay. Tops. But you find a 7.3 zombie and they'll drain their account for it.

6. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

What is KBB saying it is worth? Anyone looking to buy is going to be looking up the value on there or a similar site, and then that will make them only want to pay that amount. Or as Sawboy said, you need to find a 7.3 zombie.

7. skorum03

The 7.3 guys are harder and harder to find now that the trucks are 15 years old.

8. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

$8k to $11K ish
    You may not get any money back for all the stuff you put in it. If you have proof of the upgrades - maybe you will.

I overpaid for a truck once but the guy had I pile of receipts he had spent on it. Plus one for the transmission at 6K that had about 10k miles on it. Also it had never been worked or plowed with.

KBB and NADA are crap sometimes but everyone looks there. Look on Autotrader and Ebay for a few weeks and see what thing are really Selling for not just what they are asking.

9. skorum03

I still want to know what the OP wants for his truck

10. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

Black Book & Menheim Auctions are closer to true ACV.

As someone else mentioned you don't get the $$$ back out of the upgrades, maybe pennies on the dollar. Remember you set it up the way you like it and not everyone has exactly the same tastes. And contrary to belief only 5% or so of used vehicles fall into the "excellent condition" category. Although to the right buyer upgrades might make the difference between average price & "high book" retail.

Food for thought:

http://jalopnik.com/sorry-folks-modifications-don-t-increase-your-car-s-v-1621595096

11. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

It's worth more to me as a backup truck than the $7K in my pocket. Figured a decent plow truck would be a little more. Even stripped down in parts it should be more?

12. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

It's worth less as a plow truck. Never more. I'd be happy to get 7 grand for it. It's a 14 year old truck with almost 150k miles on it.

13. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

A quick look @ KBB shows retail in VG condition to be around $12k which seems steep. NADA shows higher at around 14k, which seems really high.

OP: You think it is worth more than that?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  14. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

Seems like they're going for high teens to low 20's on ebay....most with 5-10 views per hour...so they seem to be desired...?

15. skorum03

Not that they aren't a good truck and engine, but high teens to low twenties is way too much.

16. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Advertised or going for? 2 big difference

People act like idiots when they hear 7.3

17. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Bingo! Advertised....not sold for.

18. immortal.ben

immortal.ben Member

Excursions hold a high value. The book prices are in line with what they go for. $10k for one in great condition is reasonable. I say if you want to keep it, keep it.

19. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 Senior Member

V10 Excursions usually go for 3-4k. If you have a 7.3, then Ive seen them anywhere from 7-15k, depending on condition. The 2005 6.0's go for STUPID money because they are the last year?

20. skorum03

2006 is the last year