1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2002 duramax value/ problems

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by duramax-king, Jan 30, 2010.

1. duramax-king

duramax-king Senior Member

hi guys currently looking at a 2002 gmc 2500hd 6.6 diesel, it's got a 5speed, and looking how much are these roughly worth? it's in good condition body is solid and it's got 263000kms? and what kind of problem could i expect?

2. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

i think those years had injector problems. the injector bodies were known to crack and fill the cranckase with fuel. gm extended the wrranty on the ones affected but not sure if it still woud be covered. also the transfer cases like to rub through, other than that they seem like solid trucks from what ive heard.

3. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Chances are, with that kind of mileage, I wouldn't worry about the normal problems arrising unless they have already been fixed...Can you give us more info on the truck as well as price? I've always liked the 01-02 front ends on the silverado's...

4. speedy

speedy Senior Member

I have a 2002 cc sb 4x4 w auto. It gets awesome fuel mileage. and an incredible amount of power. An uncle had one with the 5 speed, he was pulling down 20% better fuel mileage than me. I had the injectors replaced on mine under warranty. Actually very few problems with it. Had a rattle and 'thunk' in the steering, it needed to be disassembled and lubed and they installed a grease fitting at the same time. The Allison had a transmission module fail, it was missing a couple gears, my memory fails me with regard to that, it was a long time ago.

5. duramax-king

well i'm looking to trade my 1997 gmc sierra with plow for it plus 2500..here are some pic's

6. duramax-king

pic's

...pic's...

DSC00157.JPG

DSC00156.JPG