1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2002 dodge ram fog lights

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by DRBLawnBuster, Jan 19, 2011.

1. DRBLawnBuster

DRBLawnBuster Senior Member

I have a 2002 dodge ram 2500 and i was looking to add fog lights to it since there not on it. I found the plastic piece and the lights to go in the bumper. but is there a factory switch to turn these on some were? or are they wired directly to your head lights?
  2. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

Its a a pull out switch on the headlight switch
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  3. tdock

tdock Junior Member
    from MD

I have a 98 2500, I think the 2500 bodystyle ran from 94-2002, the fog lights have a square 1"x1" button on the dash to the right of the radio.
  4. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

Yes same body but the dash changed in 98 and its a pull out switch no longer up by the poorly placed cup holders. Cup holders moved to bottom and radio went up and switch went to headlight pull out switch
  5. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

Hit up your local Dodge dealer, they have a fog light kit that comes with the switch, lights, wiring and fuses to add on the truck. I paid $160 a few years ago for my 01 and it was a pretty painless install!!

the fog light switch is part of the headlight switch as stated above all you do is pull out on the "selector" and the fog lights come on. (but you will need the fog light-headlight switch assembly)
  6. vinnys

vinnys Senior Member

Got one of those Dodge New Old Stock kits for sale. $175 + the ride. Mopar part # 1-82205656 in org box with instructions. Kit includes 2 bumper inserts, 2 fog lamps with brackets, wire harness,headlight switch, lamp connectors and all hardware. All parts still sealed in the bags, brand new. Bought it a few years ago for my 2000 and never installed it. P/m at jsimone@suffolk.lib.ny.us if you need.