1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2002 dodge quad spt1500

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by snate, Oct 25, 2002.

1. snate

snate Junior Member

Does anyone offer a western mount for this truck?

2. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

3. ddm

ddm Member

A freind of mine just bought that same truck a couple weeks ago to replace his 99 Dodge 1500 quad cab. What he found out is that almost no one is building a plow to go on that truck. Sno-way being the only mfg. he could find that is offering anything for that truck.

Anyone know why? Is the new style not heavy enough in the front end? I know they made some changes, but I thought it was supposed to be "ram tougher".

He's big into Meyer and was really disappointed they weren't offering anything. Also from what I heard Boss doesn't even have any plans to offer anything in future to go on any 1500 Dodge's. Don't know about Western.

4. fordman

fordman Senior Member

I saw an arctic poly plow on that same truck the other day. The front end wasn't sagging at all either. Here is the link to the arctic website. www.arcticsnowplows.com

5. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

A friend inthe blacktop business has a Meyer 7.5 on a 2002 Ram 1500 quad cab,this is his second yr with it on,i didnt ask him if his mount was custom or a meyer part.Might want to try Meyer yourself.

6. dimodica1

dimodica1 Junior Member

2002 dodge ram quad cab

I just had a 8' plow installed by pathfiner snow plows

www.pathfindersnowplows.com

All hydraulic. They had to take off a piece of plastic under the bumper. You would not know that it was missing.

7. snate

snate Junior Member

They managed to get an 8' western on mine, they did cut a bit of the lower bumper.You ca barely see it. I raised the torsion bars 8 turns, and it seems to hold great. Thanks for the info!